Saturday, November 3, 2007

Creative Spirit and Imagination


My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago. We spent a couple of days away at a cabin in an Amish town. The view was spectacular!

I absolutely love the fall season -- the colors greatly inspire my creative spirit. It leads me to admire an artist such as Monet who loved painting the outdoors. If I could paint using watercolors, I'd be outside painting as often as I could. I would then use those paintings as backgrounds for my altered books and canvases. I would add embellishments that would emphasize various areas of the painting and stamp words of inspiration. I can close my eyes and visualize this piece of artwork and a sense of peace surrounds me. Even if I don't have a hard copy of this artwork, sometimes just my imagination is all I need.

No comments: